â€¢ Keeping your dog safe and healthy during the summer months is easy if you understand that your dog does not handle heat the same way you doâ€¦ and if you recognize the signs of overheating in your dog.
â€¢ Tips for keeping pets safe in the heat include never leaving them in a parked car, keeping them off hot pavement, limiting outdoor exercise to the coolest parts of the day, and providing a constant supply of clean fresh drinking water.
â€¢ As a dog owner, you should always keep an eye on your dog to see if it has one of the following signs of overheating:
1. Heavy panting or rapid breathing.
2. Elevated body temperature.
3. Excessive thirst & drooling.
4. Increased pulse & heartbeat.
5. Vomiting & bloody diarrhea.
6. General weakness.
7. Bright or dark tongue & gum.
It is necessary to consult a veterinary if your dog suffers from any of the above-mentioned signs.